We believe empowered retired educators are valuable in protecting public education and improving the lives of our members, students, and communities.
JOIN OEA-R TO GET ACCESS TO:
Collective Power: OEA-Retired is the only voice in Ohio for all public education retirees. Your voice helps strengthen our ability to fight for public education and protect our students.
Networking: Continue involvement with OEA and NEA and enjoy activities with former colleagues and new friends.
Retain Benefits: Create a seamless transition with your NEA Member Benefits Programs.
Political Advocacy: Have your educational issues lobbied by professionals at the state and national levels. OEA-R advocates to maintain state defined benefit pensions, as well as to protect and improve all retirement programs and health programs.
Savings: Lock in OEA-R lifetime membership at the lowest possible price and continue saving with NEA Member Benefits throughout your retirement.
RSVP for the OEA-Retired Fall Conference, October 11, 18, and 25
Click on the image to be taken to the registration page
225 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH, 43215
800-282-1500 | 614-227-3119
Map this location
OEA Staff Liaison: Makia Burns
(Chantal Dixon – Admin. Assistant)
- Chair: Mary Binegar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Phil A. Long, email@example.com
- Secretary: Judy Buschle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- OEA Board Rep: Deloris Rome Hudson, email@example.com
- Past Chair: John Hoyes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capital: Carol Dixon, email@example.com
- Central: Barry Alcock, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECOEA: Kathleen Purdy, email@example.com
- EOEA: Rita Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCOEA: Judy Novak, email@example.com
- NEOEA: Donna Smoot-Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NWOEA: Lisa Scott Marshall, email@example.com
- SEOEA: Jane Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SWOEA: Becky Brown, email@example.com
- WOEA: Joni Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- At-Large: Beverly Woolridge, email@example.com
- Ed. Support Professionals: Vacant
- Higher Education: Vacant
- Newsletter Editor/ Webmaster: Jack Boyd, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legislative: Marsh Buckley, email@example.com
• Capital — ColumbusEA | CEA-R
• Central OEA/NEA | Retired
• East Central — ECOEA-R
• Eastern — EOEA-R
• North Central — NCOEA-R
• North Eastern — NEOEA-R
• Northwestern — NWOEA-R
• Southeastern — SEOEA-R
• Southwestern SWOEA-R
• Western WOEA-R
Districts are responsible for the content on their sites. | Not all District’s have additional sites.
Collective Bargaining and Member Advocacy
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and assessment of a Collective Bargaining Program that meets the needs of local affiliates.
Responsible for efficient operation of OEA Representative Assemblies (RA); credentialing and seating of delegates; establishing the Standing Rules of the RA; and, assisting delegates who wish to address the assembly.
Human and Civil Rights
Responsible for identifying current issues and trends impacting the human and civil rights of students and members and recommending to the OEA Board of Directors strategies to promote social justice and diversity within the Association and in the larger community.
Responsible for screening, evaluating and recommending legislative proposals as well as implementation of legislative priorities, goals and policies as adopted at annual the Fall RA.
Local Development & Training
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of a the statewide local development and training program that meets the needs of and strengthens local affiliates.
Responsible for recommending to the OEA Board of Directors strategies that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of an internal and external organizing program that meets the needs of local affiliates.
Professional Efficacy CFC
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of the professional development program that promotes the OEA’s legislative agenda and meets the needs of locals and supports the professional growth of members.
Responsible for developing the OEA Resolutions and platform for recommendation at the Spring RA