Educator-tested tips, advice, and resources for a successful start to the school year
Students may still be enjoying their summer vacations, but for educators, the beginning of the next school year is just around the corner.
NEA Experts have compiled a list of tools, tips, and resources to connect with every student.
Sections Include: Professional Excellence from Members, for Members | School Me Podcasts | Classroom Management
Additional Reading & Related Resources
- 2023-2024 OEA Member Resource Guide
- ONE — Ohio’s New Educators’ Resource Guides: New ESP & New Teacher Guide
- Protecting Our Schools and Communities with Mental Health Supports — You can’t always avoid stress, so learn how to counteract it.
- Suggestions to make schools a welcoming environment – Mad River Local Schools works to address chronic absenteeism (WDTN)
- U.S. Department of Education Back-to-School checklist for parents
- Read Across America — Create and celebrate a nation of diverse readers with 12 months of recommended books, authors, and teaching resources that promote diversity and inclusion
- Save Those Receipts — Educators can claim up to a $300 deduction to get money back for classroom expenses!
- Know Your Rights: A Back-to-School Guide – An NEA resource on your rights as a patchwork of state and local censorship and anti-LGBTQ+ rules have created doubt among educators
- Teachers: take care of your voice – A resource from the NIDCD, which supports research into the nature, causes, diagnosis, and prevention of voice disorders
- Resources from the The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on providing essential health care coverage: