In collaboration with the Ohio Department of Education (ODE), Ohio’s TORCH recognition honors five extraordinary teachers annually by celebrating their efforts to model strong character and a heart for their students, colleagues and community.
TORCH recipients should demonstrate dedication to social justice and personal commitments to their communities. They also should hold themselves and others accountable to the ideals of compassion, integrity, honor and respect.
TORCH honorees are recognized at surprise presentations, so all nominations should be kept confidential.
Eligibility Requirements: A nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a current Ohio teaching license;
- Have at least three years of teaching experience;
- Work full-time in prekindergarten through grade 12 at a state-approved public or community school;
- Work directly with students at least 50 percent of the time;
- Plan to continue in active teaching status.
Teachers, administrators, community members, parents or students can nominate outstanding teachers for TORCH recognition. Email this nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 31, 2019. | Click Here for Additional TORCH Program Details