Join the OEA-Retired Racial and Social Justice Committee Book Study for another year of exciting discussions!
All OEA members are invited to join us on this journey. We aim to inspire engaging conversations on books that relate to everyday experiences on the topics of racial and social justice. This will help us learn from each other and grow in understanding.
All sessions will be virtual on Zoom and will take place the third Monday of each month from 7pm-8pm starting January 15, 2024.
UPDATE – January and February 2024 dates have been rescheduled due to holiday schedule.
New Dates: Tuesday, January 16th at 7pm, Monday, February 26th at 7pm
Book Reading Schedule:
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann (January/February 2024)
- White Rage by Carol Anderson (March/April 2024)
- You Don’t Even Know Me: Stories and Poems by Sharon Flake (May 2024)
- Change Sings by Amanda Gorman and Getting Away with Murder: The True Story of the Emmett Till Case by Chris Crowe (June 2024)
- One Person, No Vote by Carol Anderson (July/August 2024)
A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants based on the hours they attend. Approval for CEU credits is dependent upon your local LPDC committee.
* If you have registered for an event before, you do not have to register again.
If you have any questions, please contact Bob Maher, Co-Chair, OEA-Retired Racial and Social Justice Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org