About Scott DiMauro
Scott DiMauro, a high school social studies teacher from Worthington, was elected President of the OEA in 2019 after having served as vice president for six years. Over his 32-year career as an educator, Scott has worked to provide students the critical thinking and decision-making skills they need to be successful citizens in our democracy while advocating for students, educators, and strong public schools at all levels of his union.
Scott’s priorities as president have included strengthening local affiliates, enhancing professional supports for members, and elevating the voice of educators in public policy to ensure all students are given access to a high-quality education that inspires their creativity, imagination, and desire to learn. As OEA President, he helped lead a successful coalition effort that resulted in the historic passage of the Fair School Funding Plan along with an increase in the state minimum teacher’s salary as part of the most recent state budget bill.
Scott has facilitated OEA’s Board and leadership team in educating and organizing members to advocate for social, racial, and economic justice. That priority has framed OEA’s advocacy on school safety, resistance to attacks on educators’ freedom to teach and students’ freedom to learn an honest education, and a comprehensive strategy to attract and retain caring, qualified educators—both licensed and support professionals—in every community across Ohio.
As vice president, Scott was proud to guide the OEA Commission on Student Success to lay out a comprehensive vision for high-quality education for all students and lay the groundwork for positive implementation of the federal Every Student Succeeds Act in Ohio. He also led an initiative to increase student access to breakfast in high-poverty districts and served as national spokesperson for the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom. At the national level, he currently serves as president of the National Council of State Education Associations.
Office of OEA President
225 E. Broad Street | P.O. Box 2550
Columbus, OH 43216
614-228-4526 (main) | 614-224-5707 (fax)
Membership@ohea.org | 1-844-632-4636
(The contact center hours are Monday through Friday during normal OEA business hours.)
- 07.01.2021: Columbus Dispatch – Ohio State Superintendent Paolo DeMaria to retire in September
- 06.30.2021: WDTN News – Fair School Funding Plan in new state budget moving schools in right direction
- 06.23.2021: 1480 WHBC – Critical Race Theory In The Ohio Classroom Is Not What Many Think It Is
- 06.04.2021: Ohio Capital Journal – Educators favor House school funding overhaul over Senate rewrite
- 06.02.2021: Statehouse News Bureau – Ohio Teachers’ Union Says Senate School Funding Proposal Fails Compared To House Plan
- 05.20.2021: 1480 WHBC – The Ohio Legislative Black Caucus Wants To Talk About Education
- 05.07.2021: Ohio Capital Journal – Unions, DeRolph case group condemn ‘backpack’ school funding